Mar 3, 2010

Strawberry Blonde Hair Color

Strawberry hair color is a striking beautiful shade and it’s a rare natural hair color to truly be born with and there is a myth that comes with it, that someone born with strawberry blonde hair was lucky. It is neither blonde nor red but something in-between with gorgeous flecks of spun gold’s. And historically there have always been two hair colors that have been considered to be the definitions of sexy and beautiful - Blondes and Redheads until perhaps the last few decades which defied this by adding Brunettes and many other hair colors under that category.

Understanding clearly that the true tone of a strawberry blonde is somewhere amid red and pale blonde and what is mixed in a color bowl is either a little more yellow or red into the formula which depends on the natural hair color and their own underlying pigment (NRP). It can however be a harder color to determine what the right shade of strawberry blonde can be on each individual, I have always believed that anyone with natural red, copper or blonde hair who can wear warm tones (makeup,clothing) can add shades of strawberry blonde.

If change is needed or desired strawberry blonde shades are a wonderful alternative to add or ask for this spring as a highlight or a stunning all over hair color (tint).

Note; what both “client and hairdresser” need to remember is visuals, bring pictures to the stylist to help you decide on what the right shade of strawberry is for you, and stylists start recommending variation of strawberry’s to your clients and give them the lift they may need with one of springs hottest hair colors to add a little sunshine.

28 comments:

  1. I think strawberry blonde is one of those colors that is tricky , and not everyone should wear , I like your ideas about people who wear warm tones can wear strawberry, I feel the same

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. natural strawberry blonde's have dominate green eyes (but also blue or hazel:green/blue) and their skin tone is pale/light with a rose pink undertone and warm tones will thus wash them out . just sayin'

      Delete
    2. natural strawberry blonde's have dominate green eyes (but also blue or hazel:green/blue) and their skin tone is pale/light with a rose pink undertone and warm tones will thus wash them out . just sayin'

      Delete
    3. Im a natural strawberryblonde with brown eyes and freakles and fair skin and warm tones do not wash me out. But Im wanting to add highlights and low lights to my natural color...any suggestions?

      Delete
  2. Its a stunning hair color when it is on the right person,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not such a fan of warm blondes but somehow I love strawberry because it’s almost coppery

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! Strawberry is a great alternative then golden hues, I love this color for spring

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!! Great hair color for this spring to complement all the pastels ,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Starting to recommend this tone more and more , women with that natural warmth look fantastic in it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Getting that right formula is hard, it is so true that it sits somewhere between I think orange and yellow

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some of my favourite combinations of blondes is when i add a little strawberry hilite through the hair so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haircoloring is all about the natural remaining pigment, once we understand this, and then everything is a breeze.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post, i love strawberry highlights with red or copper hair colors, so hot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was born with strawberry blonde hair , am I lucky verdict is still out , hehe , I dye it now an all over shade of soft strawberry and I get so many complements

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wish i could wear this color , I have tried and it looked terrible , maybe this is why I never recommend it , I will change that HCC.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel women in general are scarred of this color, because they think it might be to red , pictures are a must

    ReplyDelete
  14. The dangers of playing around with reddish blondes is awful, better be exactly what someone wants , almost impossible to remove from hair unless you like salmon shades

    ReplyDelete
  15. such a beautiful colour,, and so right on for spring summer

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am always reluctant to use strawberry , it seems that the clients find it to reddish although within a few day’s it settles and they seem to end up loving.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great Post! and as always your bang-on ;=]

    ReplyDelete
  18. strawberry blondes and your posts are an aray of sunshine xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. love the post hcc, you really do have too make sure that the person can wear it

    ReplyDelete
  20. strawberry blonde for me is sure a head turner

    ReplyDelete
  21. nice to see this tone become popular it's one of my fav's

    ReplyDelete
  22. such a pretty color, and i was thinking of adding it too my own hair , now you have convinced me hcc, =]

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love strawberry blonds! So stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  24. it's a lovely shade and i totally agree bring pictures

    ReplyDelete
  25. I can't believe it , I have done 2 strawberry blondes this week and both clients loved it ,, you are awesome hcc x

    ReplyDelete